Places to explore
Near the hotel
Our concierge service is at your disposal to advise you on all the unmissable places to visit in the vicinity of the Hôtel Sainte-Beuve.
Museums, monuments and art galleries hold no mystery for our team, who will be delighted to advise you on the best places to visit.
Museum and monuments
The Hôtel Sainte-Beuve is ideally situated in the cultural and artistic heart of Paris :
- Two minutes’ walk from the Jardin du Luxembourg and 15 minutes’ walk from the Panthéon.
- Around 20 minutes’ walk from the hotel, the Musée d'Orsay is open from 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Around 25 minutes’ walk from the hotel, the Louvre is open from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Around 25 minutes’ walk from the hotel, Notre Dame Cathedral is open from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
In the vicinity :
- The Eiffel Tower and the Champs de Mars, directly accessible by metro or bus (20 minutes).
- The Musée Rodin: situated on Rue de Varenne (15 minutes by metro). It is open from 9.30 a.m. to 5.45 p.m. You can admire its romantic gardens and sculptures such as The Thinker and The Kiss, as well as a room dedicated to Camille Claudel.
- Les Invalides: the most famous historic military monument, built in 1670, open to the public from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., direct access by metro.
Galerie Les Yeux Fertiles
Created in 2001, the Galerie Les Yeux Fertiles displays works by artists from the international surrealist movement (Bellmer, Brauner, Masson, Matta, etc.) or those who went through a surrealist period in their careers (Erro and Goetz, for example). It also presents certain artists on the margins of surrealism (Sima, Fini), and those influenced by Automatism (such as Degottex and Hantaï). Also exhibited are works by artists bordering on Surrealism, from the Outsider Art (Lesage, Crepin) or Visionary Art movements and all those who explore the meanderings of the unconscious. The gallery is present at the major art fairs such as ArtParis and the Salon du Collectionneur.
Galerie Les Yeux Fertiles
27, rue de Seine
75006 Paris - France
Tél. : +33 (1) 43 26 27 91
Fax : +33 (1) 46 34 19 27
From Tuesday to Friday 14h-19h
The Galerie Kreo produces and exhibits original creations by the greatest contemporary designers, like a “laboratory area” dedicated to their research work.
Here, Clémence and Didier Krzentowski, experts in contemporary Art and Design, present world exclusives of limited-edition pieces by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, Pierre Charpin, Hella Jongerius, Jasper Morrison and Martin Szekely, as well as creations by François Azambourg, François Bauchet, Big-Game, Andrea Branzi, Humberto & Fernando Campana, David Dubois, Julia Lohmann, Alessandro Mendini, Adrien Rovero, Marteen Van Severen, Jerszy Seymour, Studio Wieki Somers, Ettore Sottsass, etc.
The gallery also proposes a selection of exceptional luminaries from the 1950s to today including pieces by Achille Castiglioni, Ingo Maurer and Gino Sarfatti.
The Galerie Kreo prepares annotated catalogues of works by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, Marc Newson and Martin Szekely.
31, rue Dauphine
Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 11h to 19h.
Galerie Di Meo
Nello Di Meo and his sister Lydie manage the Galerie Di Meo which was founded in 1959 by their brother Dino.
They strive to present works by artists who have helped to write the history of modern art, but also to promote contemporary artists.
Galerie Di Meo
9, RUE DES BEAUX-ARTS
Open from Tuesday to Saturday 10h to 13h and from 14h30 to 19h.
Open all day Saturday
L MD was founded by Laetitia Delorme and opened in 2009. It presents both emerging and confirmed artists whose work has had little or no exposure in France. Highly cosmopolitan, L MD is able to bring about a multitude of interactions between French and foreign scenes, regularly turning to Asian and American production and collaborating with curators of international exhibitions and galleries.
56 rue Charlot
Carré Rive Gauche Association
Flea markets situated in the vicinity of Boulevard Saint Germain, 20 minutes’ walk from the hotel.